13 Years Later, the Samsung Galaxy Camera EK-GC100 Still Impresses


The picture quality of this 13-year-old Samsung Galaxy Camera EK-GC100 still feels like something from 2026. 📷✨


I don’t know if I’ve simply taken exceptionally good care of this camera for the past 13 years, or if the real credit goes to Samsung’s technology. Maybe it’s a little bit of both.

Click here to see it back when it was brand new! ✨

 I got this camera back in 2013, and for the next five years, it became my trusted travel companion—capturing memories from countless domestic and international trips featured on this blog. Then came the upgrade to my next Canon camera, and this faithful old companion was quietly retired to the cupboard.

It’s honestly wild how cool those older 2013 Samsung cameras have held up over the years. But why the side rubber got yellowish I still don't understand.


Here are the few random pictures I took with this camera recently.











What surprises me most is that while people today are deliberately drawn to classic, retro-looking cameras, this one doesn’t even give me a retro feel. Somehow, it still looks like it belongs somewhere in 2026.


And that large screen? I still love it.






I genuinely wish Samsung had continued working on cameras like this. Unfortunately, the Galaxy Camera lineup was eventually discontinued. ☹️


Now that people are getting interested in dedicated cameras again, and brands like Canon, Sony, Nikon and others are continuing to evolve the camera space, I can’t help but wonder:
Why are you sleeping on this, dear Samsung? 😄📷
Some old ideas really do deserve a second life. ✌️🫵



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy and traditional Pashtoon Afghani frocks !!!

Fancy Afghani and Kuchi style frocks

My visit to Khewra Salt Mines ' A wonder of the World'

Shrine of Abdul Qadir Gillani's grand sons in Kallar Kahar

NTHRI, SHINKIARI , MANSEHRA, PAKISTAN.

Confluence of River Indus and River Kabul:

Rawal Dam.....with a lake in and a Park around, in capital Islamabad " A beautiful combination of water and gardens"

Pakistan Monument Museum, A must visit place in Islamabad

Famous Chapli Kabab of North west in Pakistan