EXPLORING GOJAL VALLEY, GULMIT, UPPER HUNZA.

Upper Hunza (Gojal Valley) is one of the most scenic area that offers some of the best views of snow capped mountains. It is located on main KKH (Karakoram Highways) that connects Pakistan to China through "Khunjerab Pass" Pakistan China Border.  Gulmit is about 1 and half hour drive from karimabad, the capital of hunza valley. and while coming from Karimabad to Gulmit lies a beautiful lake Attabad lake. Here you can enjoy boating at Attabad Lake after passing my Attabad tunnel. You can watch a video here.

Gulmit town is the point offering some of the most beautiful peaks. Just 10 minutes drive from here is located passu village, where you might view the most photographed peak known as passu cone and after that comes hussaini hanging bridge that comes in hussaini village. This place has some spectacular views of the surrounding mountains. 

Earlier I been to hunza on my university tour and I didn't knew it will leave me such an impact and cherishing memories that I will once again plan a tour with my parents. Hunza inspired me when I first visited here and it's still inspiring me when Iam back into these mountains. Surely I shall visit here again. 

In Gulmit we chose o stay at "Hunza Marcopolo Inn". It's a serene and nice place to stay. Raja Hussain Khan (GM of Hunza Marcopolo Inn) is such a nice man who make sure to facilitate his every guest. His staff played some of the best traditional music on rabab ( A pashto instrument of music) on song "Bibi Sherini". I was wondering how well they played Rabab instrument on pashto song with Hunza cultural dance. Hats off to Raja Sahib for such a great hospitality. 

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy and traditional Pashtoon Afghani frocks !!!

Fancy Afghani and Kuchi style frocks

My visit to Khewra Salt Mines ' A wonder of the World'

Shrine of Abdul Qadir Gillani's grand sons in Kallar Kahar

Rawal Dam.....with a lake in and a Park around, in capital Islamabad " A beautiful combination of water and gardens"

Confluence of River Indus and River Kabul:

Pakistan Monument Museum, A must visit place in Islamabad

Famous Chapli Kabab of North west in Pakistan

Travel to Lahore " The Shalimar Garden"